Photorealistic Renderer Gains Over 20 New Features and Improvements, Bringing Smart Tech to the BIM World.
Today, Chaos Group launches V-Ray Next for Revit, building scene intelligence, asset management and simple workflows deep into the design process. Architects can now be more creative in their favorite tool, using dozens of new features and improvements to produce photorealistic imagery faster than ever before.
“We’ve distilled four years of R&D into a tool that will instantly make sense to architects, so they can save more time as they move from concept to construction,” said Ana Lyubenova, product specialist for Revit at Chaos Group. “V-Ray Next is not just the next step in our evolution, it’s helping Revit do things it couldn’t do before.”
A Better Revit
- New Asset Editor – Create, edit, save and manage V-Ray materials all in one place. Advanced materials give designers even more control when fine-tuning their designs, simplifying the process of recreating real-world materials with complex surfaces.
- Appearance Manager – Basic Revit assets can now be switched to photoreal V-Ray assets at render time to keep BIM models unaffected and clean.
- Better Entourage – With .vrscene linking, architects can now quickly populate visualizations with high-quality entourage from any V-Ray product, giving designs a more custom look.
- Randomize Objects – Add variety to plants and trees by randomizing the scale and rotation of V-Ray Proxy and V-Ray Scene instances.
- Lighting Analysis – Easily evaluate real-world lux values from daylight and fixtures to determine the true illumination levels of a design.