V-Ray for Unreal will also introduce a new pipeline for CAD designers, who want to utilize the power of V-Ray rendering in their designs.
“By combining Datasmith and V-Ray for Unreal, industrial designers can easily add the accuracy of photorealistic ray tracing to their interactive designs without requiring V-Ray in their CAD tool. V-Ray for Unreal Engine unlocks new workflows that will fundamentally change how people visualize and experience their designs,” said Ken Pimentel, senior product manager at Epic Games. “Now, all designers can benefit from both real-time interactivity and production-proven ray tracing within the Unreal Editor.”
Other Features Include:
- Accurate Lighting – Render your Unreal scenes with physically accurate, ray-traced lighting that matches your designs.
- Global Illumination – Render realistic bounced light using V-Ray’s Brute Force and proprietary Light Cache global illumination.
- Rendering Animation – Render sequences from Unreal’s Sequencer to create V-Ray-quality, ray-traced animated cinematics. Deforming objects can also be rendered using V-Ray Proxy objects.
- GPU+CPU Rendering – Render on all your hardware, with support for CPUs, NVIDIA GPUs, or a combination of both.
- Unreal Foliage Support – Compatible with Unreal’s native foliage system for rendering large environments and landscapes. Support for animated foliage coming soon.
- V-Ray Proxy Support – Load high-resolution assets at render time using memory-efficient V-Ray Proxy objects.
- Render Elements – Supports a wide range of render elements for better artistic and technical control in compositing.
- Distributed Rendering – Leverage the power of multiple machines to speed up rendering and light baking.
V-Ray for Unreal will be on display next week in the Epic Games booth (A443) at Autodesk University, November 13-15. To schedule a demo at the show, please contact: email@example.com.
Pricing and Availability
V-Ray for Unreal is available now and compatible with V-Ray for 3ds Max, Maya, Rhino and SketchUp. V-Ray for Unreal currently supports 4.19 – 4.20 with support for 4.21 coming soon. V-Ray for Unreal will be rapidly updated to keep pace with the Unreal Engine, so it will be sold through a subscription that always keeps the user up-to-date. The monthly rate will be $80, while the annual rate will be $470. Chaos Group also offers a flat annual rate ($99) for students, educators and universities. Visit the website for a free starter’s guide.
About Unreal Engine
Developed by Epic Games, Unreal Engine is a high-performance software development suite that brings real-time, high-fidelity fully interactive experiences to PC, console, mobile, virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) platforms. Used by many of the world’s leading entertainment software developers and publishers, Unreal Engine is also an integral part of many enterprise sectors. The Unreal Engine team supports and nurtures vertical markets such as automotive, architecture, film, science, aerospace, marketing and education that make use of real-time technology within their processes. Unreal Engine is freely available at unrealengine.com. Follow @UnrealEngine for updates.