Annual Substance Days Event to Showcase Upcoming Products and Exclusive Talks with the Artists Behind “Marvel’s Spider-Man” and “The Division 2”
Substance Days returns to the Game Developers Conference (GDC) on March 19, bringing some of the industry’s top talent and exclusive product news along with it. During the event, attendees will get their first look at Substance Painter’s new feature set (to be released soon), as well as a few other big announcements for Substance Alchemist and Substance Source.
The latest version of Substance Painter will launch with over 12 new features and improvements including radial symmetry and material blending. The latter, a powerful way to mix 3D materials and heights, will enable faster customization and workflows on AAA game projects. The event also coincides with the release of a new Substance Source collection by Javier Perez, a Senior Material Artist at Playstation Visual Arts Service Group, who has created a space-themed material set that will help artists create shuttles, satellites and space stations much faster.
The Substance Days event will be held in Room 3009 of Moscone Center West, and is open to all attendees with an Expo Plus pass or higher. Keeping with tradition, Allegorithmic founder and new Adobe VP of 3D & Immersive Dr. Sébastien Deguy will kick things off by offering a look at the future of the Substance ecosystem, starting at 10:00 a.m. PDT. Following the keynote, attendees will hear from some of the leading artists behind titles like The Division 2, Marvel’s Spider-Man, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and more.
The presentations will run from 60–90 mins, concluding at 6:30 p.m. The full line-up features:
- Keynote – Allegorithmic founder Sébastien Deguy
- The Division 2: World of Materials – Red Storm Entertainment Lead Technical Artist Jon Lauf; Environmental Artist Andrew Dixon
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: A Deep Dive Into the Look Creation of Manhattan – Insomniac Games Senior Environment Artist Ryan Benno; Senior Lighting Artist Brian Mullen; Material Artist Matthew McAuliffe
- Creation of Hard Surface Materials in Substance Designer – WB Games Montreal Senior Texture Artist Jonathan Benainous
- Top 8 Substance Painter Tips – Dreamworks TV Surfacer Nikie Monteleone
- Texturing the World of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey – Ubisoft Senior Texture Artists Vincent Dérozier and Pierre Fleau
For times, please visit Allegorithmic’s Substance Days page.
Following the event, Allegorithmic will be throwing an after-party at the Tabletop Tap House, located at 175 4th Street in San Francisco. Since space is limited, interested parties are encouraged to register now to reserve a spot on the list. The party will begin at 7:30 p.m.
Allegorithmic will also be exhibiting during GDC, and can be found in Booth S1035. Experts covering the entire Substance product line will be on hand throughout the show to answer questions. To see a demo or schedule a meeting, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.